I really didn’t get to read as much as I thought I would this year. With the pandemic, I started off in the Spring tearing into my TBR pile, consuming books right and left. That’s how I managed to get through the entire Outlander Series by May, while still managing to read the selections for my book club each month. I did read the best ARC that you don’t want to miss when it publishes in 2021 – The Rose Code by Kate Quinn! Sorry that I don’t have all the books for the picture, but I’ve lent some out to friends that I trust with my books. (Cue – smile)
2020 was a busy year with me managing to finish my first manuscript, edit it, and start the query process for an agent. All while trying to dodge this deadly virus. I’ve now plotted and started my second book, which will bounce between historical fiction and women’s fiction. Can’t wait to dig into it more, because Ava & Slim are waiting for me to tell their story.
With some hesitation, I’ll be interested to see what 2021 holds. I’m hoping it’s a better year for us all. And that I can read as much as I did this year as I mix in books in my genre for research along with personal selections. What do you have on your TBR list? Have you read any of these?
That said, it was really hard to only choose twenty books, but here goes, in no particular order….
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
- The entire Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
- Clanlands by Sam Heughan & Graham McTavish
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- The Other Mrs. By Mary Kubica
- The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi
- The Moonshiner’s Daughter by Donna Everhart
- The Guardians by John Grisham
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris
- Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
- The Good Luck Stone by Heather Bell Adams
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
- Songbirds & Stray Dogs by Meagan Lucas
- The Last of the Moon Girls by Barbara Davis
- Reviving the Hawthorne Sisters by Emily Carpenter